Topic 8: I Tried Making Money With AI for 7 Days — The Results Shocked Me

 I gave AI seven days and my full attention. What happened next made me question everything I thought I knew about making money online.

Hey everyone, welcome back. A few weeks ago I kept seeing videos about people making thousands of dollars using AI tools, and honestly, I was skeptical. So many of these videos looked too perfect, too polished, almost like they were designed to sell you a course rather than show you the truth. I decided the only way to really know was to test it myself, with my own hands, my own laptop, and my own money on the line. No shortcuts, no fake screenshots, no borrowed success stories, and no pretending everything went smoothly when it clearly did not. Just seven real days of trying, failing, adjusting, and trying again, one honest step at a time. Here is exactly what happened, day by day, with every single detail included, the good, the bad, and the slightly embarrassing.

Day 1: The Idea That Started It All.
On the first day, I did not touch any AI tool at all. I just sat down with a plain notebook and planned everything out properly. I made a long list of every AI money method I had heard about, things like content writing, faceless video creation, freelancing, selling digital designs, and even simple online tutoring using AI as a helper. I picked three methods that felt realistic for a complete beginner with no fancy equipment, no existing audience, and no budget for expensive paid tools. I also set up a simple tracking sheet to record every single hour I spent and every rupee or dollar that came in or went out, including any tool subscriptions and small expenses along the way. This part felt slow and a little boring compared to jumping straight into action, but looking back, it was probably the most important step of the whole week, because without a clear plan, I would have just wasted my days bouncing between random ideas without ever finishing one properly.

Day 2: Testing AI Content Writing.
On day two, I tried using AI to write short articles, blog posts, product descriptions, and social media captions for small local businesses in my area. I messaged a handful of shop owners and small business pages, offering to write their posts for a small fee to build up some quick proof of work. The AI helped me draft content in just a few minutes, which felt incredible at first, almost too easy. But I quickly learned that raw, unedited AI text often sounds stiff, repetitive, and a little robotic. I had to rewrite almost half of every piece in my own voice, adding little personal touches, local references, and a friendlier tone to make it sound genuinely human. By the end of the day, I had landed one small paying client and earned a modest amount of money, but the whole process took far more effort and editing time than the flashy online videos ever made it seem.

Day 3: Trying AI Faceless YouTube Videos.
Day three was completely dedicated to faceless videos, something I had always been curious about but never actually attempted. I used AI to write a short script on a trending topic, another tool to generate a natural sounding voiceover, and a simple video editor to layer stock footage and background music on top. The whole process sounded incredibly easy in theory, almost like a five minute task, but syncing the visuals, timing, and captions together actually took several hours of trial and error. My very first video looked stiff, a bit awkward, and definitely not perfect, but I uploaded it anyway because I truly believe progress matters far more than waiting around for perfection. There was no income from this particular project yet, since new channels naturally need time to grow an audience, but I could already see real potential if I stayed consistent and kept improving the quality with each upload.

Day 4: Selling AI Generated Designs.
On the fourth day, I explored the world of selling simple digital designs, things like daily planners, phone wallpapers, printable checklists, and ready made social media templates for small creators. I used AI to brainstorm design ideas and rough layouts, then cleaned everything up myself in a basic editing app so it did not look copied, generic, or messy. I packaged a small bundle together, wrote a simple description, and uploaded it to a marketplace, while also sharing it casually across my own social media pages and a couple of community groups. Surprisingly, this is where I landed my very first genuine sale of the entire week, and honestly I checked my phone every few minutes just waiting for another notification. It was not a huge amount by any means, but it felt incredibly exciting to see actual real money appear from something I had created in just a few focused hours using nothing but free and low cost tools.

Day 5: Freelancing With AI Tools.
Day five was all about speed and efficiency. I used AI to help me apply for freelance gigs much faster than usual, writing tailored proposals, polishing my portfolio description, and even brainstorming fair pricing based on my current skill level. I applied to several small jobs related to writing, basic graphic design, and simple data organization tasks. Two potential clients actually replied within just a few hours, and one of them hired me for a tiny but real paid task. This particular day taught me something important, that AI is not some magical solution that does everything for you, it behaves more like an incredibly fast personal assistant that still absolutely needs a human to guide it, double check its work, and make the final decisions before anything gets sent out.

Day 6: The Big Mistake I Made.
This was the day everything suddenly slowed down and humbled me a little. I got a bit too confident after a few small wins and tried to automate too many tasks at once, running multiple tools back to back without carefully checking every single output. I ended up sending a client a piece of writing that contained a factual mistake buried right in the middle of it, something the AI had simply invented out of nowhere with full confidence, and it honestly sounded so believable that I almost missed it myself. Thankfully, the client was understanding and patient about it, and I fixed the error quickly once I noticed it, but it was a genuine, humbling wake up call for me. AI can absolutely help you work faster and smarter, but it can never fully replace basic human checking, judgment, and common sense. Trusting it blindly, especially with client work, can seriously cost you both money and hard earned trust, and rebuilding that trust later is far harder than getting it right the first time.

Day 7: The Final Results.
On the final day, I sat down calmly and calculated everything as honestly as I possibly could, no exaggeration, no rounding up, and no leaving out the small failed attempts either. Between the small writing gigs, the one design sale, and the tiny freelance task, I had earned a modest but very real amount, nowhere close to the massive numbers people love to flash across their screens online. But here is the part that genuinely shocked me the most, the real, deeper value from this whole experiment was never just about the money itself. It was the entire system I built from scratch, the practical skills I picked up along the way, and the small but genuine audience that started following my brand new faceless channel. If I kept going with the exact same effort and consistency for another full month, I truly believe the results could multiply in a meaningful way.

So that is my completely honest seven day experiment with using AI to make money. It is not some magic button that prints cash overnight, and anyone who tells you otherwise online is probably just trying to sell you an overpriced course. But it is genuinely a real, practical set of tools that can save you a lot of time and open doors you never expected, as long as you are willing to put in actual thoughtful work behind it every single day, with patience, curiosity, and a willingness to fix your mistakes along the way. If you found this experiment helpful or interesting, drop a comment down below and let me know which method you would like me to try next, and do not forget to subscribe for more honest, no fluff experiments just like this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video 4: Lonnie Johnson (The Super Soaker)

topic 07) AI Side Hustles That Actually Work

Video 1 The Power of Natural Stones: Why They Matter